Are you interested in promoting healthy hair growth and need assistance with comparing Happy Head and Hims?
Happy Head is an FDA-approved prescription medication that can help your hair grow faster and thicker than ever before. Hims is also FDA-approved and takes approximately three months to work.
What is the better option that will provide you with the results that you want?
My receding hairline is getting to the point where I've just had enough! But, I know there are other men out there that seriously need a solution to worse conditions than me... like going bald... fast.
Let’s compare Happy Head and Hims, looking closely at their formulations, price and potential benefits.
BIG Takeaways From My Happy Heads Vs. Hims Comparison
You can shop each website by clicking on either button. But, if you really want to know if Happy Head or Hims is better, keep reading!
Introducing Happy Head for Hair Growth
Happy Head is a customized product that is based on the information that you provide in your initial assessment and the consultation that you have with a Happy Head licensed doctor. However, there are four key ingredients that are used by the brand. This includes:
- Finasteride (As high a dose as a .25% concentration)
- Minoxidil (Up to an 8% concentration)
- Retinoic Acid (a maximum .01% concentration)
- Hydrocortisone (Up to a 1% concentration)
This is a topical application process, and most men will receive the recommendation to apply their customized formula twice per day.
There are eight different formulas of Happy Head available. Each is completely customizable based on your own personal history and the information that you provide during your consultation. The blends include:
- Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil
- Topical Dutasteride and Minoxidil
- Topical Finasteride, Dutasteride and Minoxidil
- Topical Spironolactone and Minoxidil (Specially formulated for women)
- Topical Minoxidil
- Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil (Aqueous Formula)
- Topical Latanoprost and Finasteride with Minoxidil
- Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil (Liposomal Formula)
WHOAH! That's a lot of options!
There are also different oral supplements that you can source from the Happy Head brand. These blends include finasteride, minoxidil, vitamin D and spironolactone.
Different shampoos and conditioners are also sold through Happy Head, formulated with hair-healthy ingredients such as argan oil, biotin and collagen. These ingredients are pretty common in hair care products these days, so you may not warrant the cost if you’re already investing in monthly Happy Head topical products.
- Happy Head features a potent blend of finasteride (.25%) and minoxidil (8%) along with .01% retinoic acid for skin health.
- Custom compounds target your specific hair growth needs.
- Relatively affordable. It’s not the most expensive hair regrowth product out there, but it’s not the cheapest either.
- Topical application can be a much healthier and safer option.
- The application process can get a little messy.
- It’s an investment, especially since it can take a number of months to be effective.
- The active ingredient finasteride has been studied pretty extensively when it comes to taking it orally. Happy Head requires a topical application of finasteride, which isn’t as well studied.
The current cost of Happy Head is $79 per month. This includes your initial consultation with a dermatologist, your customized prescription and ongoing support from the Happy Head medical team.
You can sign up on the Happy Head website to receive 50% off your first order.
Introducing Hims Hair Growth
Hims has a number of products that claim to help your hair grow back thick and healthy. This includes different shampoos, supplements and medications, some of which require a prescription. These products are FDA-approved and provided through telehealth access. Unfortunately, Hims is quite different from Happy Head in that they don’t offer a customized approach to hair loss. You can pick and choose what products you want to use, but the doses cannot be adjusted according to your needs.
The process of signing up for Hims starts with a simple survey. The company may require you to submit current photos of your hairline so they can make a professional recommendation. A medical history and mental health assessment will also be performed.
Hims offers products that are both prescription and non-prescription. You can also choose between a topical product and something that is taken orally. Some of the top-selling options from Hims include:
- Topical finasteride and minoxidil spray
- Hair Power Pack, which consists of shampoo, gummy vitamins and FDA-approved topical products
- Finasteride and minoxidil topical and oral supplements
- Oral finasteride
- Can help a variety of hair loss issues, such as thinning, receding hairline, thinning at the crown and even hair loss prevention.
- Discreet delivery is provided.
- You have unlimited access to licensed providers.
- FDA-approved treatment.
- Hims claims their product can work in as little as three months, but it may take six months.
- More affordable option.
- This is not a customized formula.
- Common side effects include erectile dysfunction, depression and pain in the testicles.
- The Hims brand explains that there is no cure for hair loss, so you may see your hair loss return if you stop using these products.
There are a number of products and bundles that are offered by Hims. The price will vary based on what you choose. A single bottle of topical finasteride and minoxidil costs $35. The Hair Power Pack for Regrowth is currently $65.
Comparison Section of Hims vs Happy Head
Now that we’ve covered some of the basics of both Happy Head and Hims, let’s compare them more in-depth.
Regrow hair in
3-6 months, and prevent further hair loss
Order Rx treatment online
Comparing Products Offered
Happy Head is impressive because the company provides you with the ability to customize your dose and choose the product that should work best for you. This isn’t a feature that Hims provides.
Both brands sell products that are topical, including different shampoos and conditioners. They both have oral medication options as well. In that aspect, you can tailor your approach to hair loss as you see fit.
The pricing for Happy Head varies depending on what you’re looking to purchase. For example, the cost of Happy Head Shampoo and Conditioner is $72 if you buy it once. You also have the option to pay $38 to subscribe and save, with future purchases costing $55 for the following months.
Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil combined is priced at $31 per month, and it is $79 per month if you continue your orders. So, Happy Head is affordable to start out with, but the price may get a little expensive the longer you are using their products. Other formulas have different pricing, but it’s pretty similar across the board.
After you have completed the initial Hims assessment, the price will vary from product to product. As an example, their best-selling Finasteride and Minoxidil combination formula is priced at $35 per bottle, which is a one-month supply.
Comparing Customer Success Stories
Happy Head has a 4.9-star rating out of 5-stars on the Happy Head website. There is a section that you can read through that shares success stories from real-life users of Happy Head products. People express their positive experiences while using Happy Head, as well as their intention to continue using the products. When using the products as directed, noticeable results have been achieved in the majority of cases.
Hims has a 4.7-star rating out of 5-stars on the Hims website. They also have a section of reviews. It seems that people have found success with the Hims brand, but many of the impressive results took around five to six months to become noticeable. People comment on the affordability of Hims, which might be necessary if it’s going to take a little longer than Happy Head to take effect.
Main Differences Between Hims and Happy Head
While both of these brands offer similar products (topical and oral), their pricing is a bit different. Happy Head provides the option to customize the doses at which you’re applying active ingredients. This could make the results more profound than if you were using a standard dose from Hims, making the investment worthwhile.
Happy Head not only uses prescription-strength medication to promote hair re-growth, but their products are designed to also nourish and clean the scalp by way of natural ingredients. This can better promote healthy hair growth. Also, Happy Head can work in as little as three months when you're using the products daily.
Which is Better for Hair Growth: Happy Head or Hims?
We like the more personalized touch that Happy Head provides. You can really choose your products based on what kind of hair loss you’re experiencing and the ingredients that may help the most. You might pay a little more for Happy Head, but the higher concentrations are often an ideal plan to help you re-grow thick and healthy hair.