I've been covering mushroom supplements for a few years now back when mushroom coffee become super popular. Now, we have many more options to choose from, like gummies.
And, with the potential benefits that functional mushrooms provide, it's nice to have gummy supplement options like BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies to maybe get our focus to a higher level.
Traditional nootropics have been pretty good thus far, but I do believe that nootropics with functional mushroom ingredients do add that extra kick, or boost, if you will.
Let's go over the key takeaways and deciding factors, where I give you the good and the bad - no holds barred!
Key Takeaways & Deciding Factors
Try it today!
- Third-party tested!
- Brain-boosting formula.
- $59.99 investment.
BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies at a Glance
Brain Mushroom Gummies from BATCH are made from three common functional mushroom types: cordyceps, lion’s mane and reishi. Made from the fruiting body of the mushrooms, one gram of extract is concentrated from eight grams of dried mushrooms. The end result is a very potent mushroom gummy that the BATCH brand claims can give you a mental boost. Because functional mushrooms work with a compounded effect, BATCH recommends that you take this product on an ongoing basis in order to see its full potential.
The breakdown of BATCH Brain Mushroom gummies is 300 mg of lion’s mane mushrooms, 100 mg of cordyceps and 10 mg of the reishi variety. Reviews claim they have made people feel more focused throughout the day, increasing productivity and endurance. It’s a bit of an investment at just under $60 for a one-time purchase, but quality is very important when you’re considering using functional mushrooms. These mushrooms are all USDA-certified organic.
What I Like
- BATCH seems to be a really reputable wellness brand. Their website is very descriptive, providing a lot of information on their products, practices and potential benefits.
- The first part of the extract process used by BATCH is water-based. It’s extremely safe, pulling a large number of compounds and nutrients from the mushrooms.
- This product contains a substantial number of beta-glucans, which are polysaccharides found in the cell walls of functional mushrooms. Beta-glucans are beneficial for heart health, skin health, lowering your cholesterol and weight management.
- BATCH takes a batch-by-batch approach to manufacturing their products in order to protect their brand integrity and quality.
- BATCH began as a CBD brand, so they are an established company that knows a lot about high-quality ingredients, purity and customer satisfaction.
What I Don’t Like
- The ethanol portion of the brand’s dual extraction method is not ideal.
- There are three main types of functional mushrooms in this product (lion’s mane, cordyceps and reishi), but there are a number of other varieties that could have also been added to this product for additional benefits.
- BATCH states that they use natural flavors from fruit in their gummies, but they don’t explain what those fruit flavors are, or how natural they are.
What Could Be Improved
- It would be nice to see a functional mushroom gummy from BATCH that contains a larger profile of mushrooms in it.
- One of the staff tips on the BATCH website is to start slowly with your dose, working upwards until you achieve the desired effects. Apparently, seeing results can take some time. More guidance on this subject or a better outline of what to expect would be appreciated.
- Fruit flavors are included, but functional mushrooms can be overwhelmingly earthy. An actual flavor or different flavor options might be nice.
What Can BATCH Brain Boost Mushroom Gummies Be Used For?
As their name suggests, BATCH claims you can use this product for a brain boost. They have the potential to support memory, focus and brain function thanks to different active compounds found in their functional mushroom blend of cordyceps, reishi and lion’s mane. Rather than making you feel really charged up, they are designed in a way that gives you a calm sense of focus and energy. Claimed benefits also include decreased brain fog. I think this might be beneficial for that afternoon slump I’m prone to when I’m sitting at my desk at work. This is a much healthier option than grabbing a caffeinated beverage or something with refined sugar. Functional mushrooms taken on a regular basis can be so healthy in so many ways.
What Are the Ingredients?
The ingredients in BATCH Brain Boost Mushroom Gummies include:
Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
When you spot them in nature, they’re a large, white, shaggy mushroom that in these ball-like clusters. Lion’s mane mushrooms are very beneficial for brain health, thanks to the compounds hericenones and erinacines. They stimulate the growth of brain cells, so you can experience better focus and memory.
Reishi mushrooms are also excellent for brain health, but they tend to be most beneficial when taken on a regular basis. They have the potential to protect the brain from neurodegeneration, improve memory, support a more positive mood, increase focus and concentration, while even helping to prevent diseases like Alzheimer's and dementia. It is believed this is due to the immune-boosting properties of reishi mushrooms.
Cordyceps mushrooms are the component of BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies that helps increase energy and focus. Cordyceps can stimulate the central nervous system and adrenal glands, so they release more energy.
How Do BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies Compare to Their Competition?
Focus, memory support, brain function
Focus, Mental Clarity, Brain Health Support
Energy, Focus, Immunity
Energy, Mood, Brain
Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Reishi, Vitamin B6
Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, Maitake, Turkey Tail, Reishi
Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, B Vitamins, Green Tea
Click to read more about each product Vs. BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies
Also marketed for supporting a healthy mental state, Troomy FOCUS Mushroom Gummies unfortunately only contain lion’s mane mushrooms. You may not experience as many benefits as something like BATCH gummies. That being said, you do get 800 mg per dose and no hallucinogenic effects.
Freshcap Mushroom Gummies are advertised a bit differently than BATCH Brain Mushroom Gummies. They’re designed to boost your immunity in addition to your cognitive function and energy. They contain a really great blend of functional mushrooms, including maitake, chaga, turkey tail, reishi, lion’s mane and cordyceps. They are all organic, functional mushrooms.
WonderDay Mushroom Gummies by Plant People provide a whole-body approach to functional mushroom usage. The brand claims you can use these gummies regularly for digestive health, balancing the body and improving your mood. It has a high dose of 2,500 mg per serving, coming from lion’s mane, cordyceps and reishi mushrooms.
The Price Is On the Higher End
Compared to some of the other functional mushroom gummies I just talked about, BATCH Brain Boost Mushroom gummies are definitely the higher priced option. A one-time purchase will cost you $59.99, or you can subscribe to drop the price by 25%.
How Do These Gummies Taste?
These gummies include some natural fruit flavors in them, but they aren’t labeled as having any one flavor. Reviews say they taste great, but you should expect to taste a bit of an earthy flavor. This is common with functional mushroom products. They tend to have a strong flavor that’s hard to completely mask. There are 2.5 grams of sugar in each serving of these gummies, so they shouldn’t taste overly sweet.
Unbiased Customer Reviews
There aren’t a lot of reviews listed on the BATCH website, unfortunately. This product does have a 4.9-star rating out of 5-stars, but there are only 16 reviews. The information in these reviews is favorable, but it does seem that people have noticed that you need to take these gummies for a bit before you see any effects. Even so, BATCH Brain Mushroom gummies have provided people with more energy and mental focus throughout the day.
Is It Worth It?
Can you put a price on health, wellness and well-being? We’ve talked about the price point of these gummies being on the high side, but they do contain high-quality ingredients and three of the most commonly used and potent functional mushrooms available. If you’re someone who struggles with staying focused throughout the day because you start to experience brain fog and a lack of concentration, you may want to give them a try. The only downside is sticking with them to see if they actually work. It would be nice if you saw an immediate effect within an hour or so of taking them. As with a lot of supplements, your body needs to build up some of the compounds in functional mushrooms before you really start to feel your best.